Lit from Within: Blue and Purple Quatrefoil Wallpaper
-->

Saturday, January 24, 2015

Blue and Purple Quatrefoil Wallpaper


Hello, Fireflies!

I'm working on my third 'wallpaper' pattern for the NCC challenge this month.  I've seen a few nail artists do different versions of this Quatrefoil pattern, and I thought it would make a neat pattern to try as wallpaper.

I started with Azature Blue, an unbelievably sparkly, gorgeous medium bright blue. 

Azature Blue, an unbelievably sparkly, gorgeous medium bright blue

I made the pattern by taking a large dotting tool and Azature Lapis Diamond, a periwinkle cream, and making a 4-leaf clover-type pattern all over each nail.  The outer edges of each circle are to lightly touch the neighboring circles.


With a smaller dotting tool, I made a smaller version of the same pattern inside each Quatrefoil, using Azature Plum Diamond, a shimmery royal purple,


Bottle shot:  Azature Blue, Lapis Diamond, and Plum Diamond.


I really liked how all the different colors and textures came together in this pattern!  Maybe a bit bold for a wallpaper for me... but I'd totally do this in a shower curtain.  Somehow, I doubt that will be an NCC challenge, though...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...