Lit from Within: Glitterati with the Beauty Bloggers of Central Florida
-->

Thursday, January 29, 2015

Glitterati with the Beauty Bloggers of Central Florida


Hello, Fireflies!

This month's BBCFL roundup is all about makin' it rain! Yes, glitter!  I've rounded up a bunch of different looks I've created with different kinds of glitter used in different ways.  Hopefully, you'll find a look that inspires you to wear glitter your own way.

First up, a new take on an old favorite - the flakie glitter.  A bunch of Indies got a hold of a found stash of these lovely iridescent flakes, and I picked up a few from one of my fave Indies, Girly Bits.  This one is Ermagherd, Flerkers, a melange of multi-colored flakes.  The undies are from the last collection Cult Nails released - Dazed, a metallic navy blue.

Next, a version of the new kind of flakie glitter, the metallic flakie.  I have Eighty4 Showing Out over a black base.  It is color-changing metallic goodness.

Eighty4 Showing Out over a black base

For those who like a brighter, happier look, this is like a birthday party on my nails.  I started with Sonia Kashuk Breakfast At Tiffany's, a cool, shiny mint.  I layered on A Rhyming Dictionary Polish Lots of Tiny Snowmen, a glitter bomb of multi-colored circle glitter! 
Sonia Kashuk Breakfast At Tiffany's, a cool, shiny mint under A Rhyming Dictionary Polish Lots of Tiny Snowmen, a glitter bomb of multi-colored circle glitter!
I love a glitter gradient, and having it start at the cuticle can be an unexpected touch.  The base is Sadok Omega, a very dark, almost black purple with a subtle blue shimmer.  The glitter is Impala Disco Ball, a collection of large and small holo hex glitter.

You says you can't do more complicated nail art with glitter?  This one started with a half moon of OPI Love.Angel.Music.Baby, a cool matte gold, and Black Dahlia Lacquer Olaf's Snowflowers, a white crelly with gold holo glitter.  Then, I freehanded the black and filled it in with gold glitter, and added the black triangle stud.  It ended up looking like a stylized Star Trek insignia to me, but that's okay. I'm nerdy enough to like it.

half moon of OPI Love.Angel.Music.Baby and Black Dahliah Lacquer Olaf's Snowflowers with accents of black striper, gold glitter, and black triangle studs

This last one looked more glittery in the bottle.  Barry M. Black Multi Glitter is a glitter-fest in the bottle, but didn't really translate on the nail.  I still love how it looks over Impala Aqua Fresca in this tape mani pattern-skittle.

Barry M. Black Multi Glitter over Impala Aqua Fresca in a striping tape mani

How do you do glitter?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...