Lit from Within: Ride, Sally Ride
-->

Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Ride, Sally Ride


Hello, Fireflies!

Today is the last day of the Challenge Your Nail Art Space Challenge!  I grew up knowing about Sally Ride, but I didn't know she had her own day.  And, I learned a little more about her while doing research for this challenge.  The More You Know...

I started out with an inky blue flakie background of Maya Cosmetics Crush, then I added a few more sparkles with Profound Opals, the polish made with real ground up (synthetic) opals.  On my pinkies, I experimented with Max Factor Fantasy Fire, but I didn't want so much red for the whole mani.


I really struggled with what to do for nail art for this challenge.  Sally Ride made so many contributions to our space program - the first American woman in space, the first woman to use the robot arm in space, the first known LGBT astronaut..


In my head, though, I kept hearing the iconic bridge to 'Mustang Sally" - ride, Sally, ride! and so it stuck.


In the stars, Sally, ride on.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...