Lit from Within: Days of Wine..and Rum.. and Hibiscus?
-->

Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Days of Wine..and Rum.. and Hibiscus?


Hello, Fireflies!

It's still May, and I'm still working on our May Flowers challenge!  Today's mani is inspired by booze.

I was feelin' a little Marsala-ish, so I put down a base coat of Orly Merlot Mist, a gorgeous marsala wine color with a pink shimmer.  Over that, as accents, I used Aphrodite Lacquer RumRunner, a raspberry jelly with glitter.

Orly Merlot Mist with Aphrodite Lacquer RumRunner

Oh, the missed opportunity for a 'days of wine and roses' mani! lol.  I liked these flowers with a tropical feel for my boozy mani, though.  There used to be a place here in town that put edible flowers in their drinks.  Delish!


This may not be a typical tropical mani, but put a hibiscus flower in my hair and a rumrunner in my glass, and I'll do the hula!


Feelin' that sparkle and shimmer.



Bottle shot:  Orly Merlot Mist, Aphrodite Lacquer RumRunner, and Finger Paints Paper Mache.

Bottle shot:  Orly Merlot Mist, Aphrodite Lacquer RumRunner, and Finger Paints Paper Mache.


What's your poison?  Wine, spirits? Anything with an umbrella? Root beer?




The Hobby Polish Bloggers are also doing a May Flowers linkup this month!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...