Lit from Within: NYX Prismatic Eyes
-->

Thursday, May 21, 2015

NYX Prismatic Eyes


Hello, Fireflies!

I saw a few swatches of the new-to-me NYX Prismatic Eyes Collection, and I knew I had to have a few of these metallic beauties!  I bought four of them, and I may need to get more.  MOAR!

Immediately, I fell in love with Fireball, a rosy reddish/orange/pink color, and that was the first one to go in my cart.  Bedroom Eyes is a bronzy-chocolate brown, and I love adding a punch to neutral looks.  Jaded is a peacock/emerald green, and Punk Heart is a purplish pink in a blackened base - the only one of the four that I needed a couple of swipes for the swatch.

NYX Prismatic Eyes
I used Fireball and Bedroom Eyes to create this look, along with my Chella Ivory Lace highlighter, OFRA khaki eyebrow gel, IT Cosmetics Gel Eyeliner in Brown/Black, and CoverGirl The SuperSizer mascara in Very Black.
Bedroom eyes went in the crease and outer V, and Fireball all over the lid, over my ELF eyeshadow primer.  They applied and blended very well, with lots of pigmentation, and a soft texture.  These pictures were taken after a little touchup after a few hours of wear.  I think they need a stickier base, because there was a little bit of creasing, and I wanted to amp up the metallic sheen.  I think I'm going to try them wet next time.
I love these colors, and these metallic finish shadows are giving me life right now.  I need the whole range of colors!  If you like these shadows, you can find NYX on Facebook, and their webpage.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...