Lit from Within: Dotticure Flowers
-->

Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Dotticure Flowers


 Hello, Fireflies!

Welcome to a new monthly challenge from the NCC.  This month, we're recreating other members' manis.. oh, wait.  That was last month.  This month, it's flowers!  And for my first mani, I'm recreating another member's mani that she did last month, recreating someone else's mani!  It's like mani Inception over here.

I really liked Doctor Crafty's version of this mani, but I wanted to switch up the colors and textures. I love the dotticure flowers, and they are so easy and fun to make.


First, I laid down a base of The Polished Mafia Big Earner, a green-leaning teal holo.  I thought it pulled some nice green from the crazy cool glitter that is Nails Inc Knightsbridge Road.  I don't have anything like this gold glitter with exploded pinata glitter.  The formula is really nice, too.

After making the outline of the flower in white, I used a dotting tool to layer the peach, pink, and purple dots to create the colors of the flower.  


Bottle shot:  The Polished Mafia Big Earner, Nails Inc Knightsbridge Road, white blended polish, Sally Hansen Salon Marooned, OPI 50 Is The New Fabulous, and CoverGirl Peaches and Cream.

Bottle shot:  The Polished Mafia Big Earner, Nails Inc Knightsbridge Road, white blended polish, Sally Hansen Salon Marooned, OPI 50 Is The New Fabulous, and CoverGirl Peaches and Cream.

I love this fun glitter, and the dotted floral accents are a different take on flowers for me.  This nail art may look complicated, but you can't go wrong with dots!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...