Lit from Within: Fire (Opal) In The Hole!
-->

Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Fire (Opal) In The Hole!


Hello, Fireflies!

It's a new month, and that means a new theme for the NCC!  This time, we're all doing nail art inspired by jewelry.  I knew right away which piece of jewelry I had to do first - a funky ring, with a bittersweet story behind it.

I didn't really know my paternal grandmother very well.  She lived with us for a short time when I was very young, but she lived most of her life in a small village in Mexico.  We used to go visit, but it was expensive to fly there, and so I only saw her a handful of times.  I think I was around 10 years old when she passed.


One day, my mom gave me this ring, and said that it used to belong to my Nana, and that because I, "had fat fingers" I could have this ring now.  Apparently, my Nana and I both wear a size 9 cocktail ring.


The center stone is a Fire Opal, and it's surrounded by turquoise stones that I replaced, as the original ones had started falling out.  It's not a color combination that I'm drawn to, but it's unique, and I've grown quite fond of it.


I used Liquid Sky Lacquer Let's Take A Hayride, a rusty orange holo, topped with KBShimmer Rainbow Shield, a flakie topcoat for the opal, and Maybelline Bold Gold for the frame, with dots of Zoya Cecilia for the turquoise.

Do you have a remembrance that has both good and bad emotions tied to it?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...