Lit from Within: Adventures in Stamping - French Tip
-->

Sunday, September 30, 2012

Adventures in Stamping - French Tip


Happy Sunday!  Today is a special day in the Lit From Within house, because 17 years ago today, Mr. Lit From Within and I got hitched.  I should have a hearts and flowers mani or something for today... but I created this mani a few days ago and forgot it would be going live on our anniversary.  Sorry honey!

I started with Brown Sparkles from Barielle.


No need to adjust your screen, and no, I didn't upload the wrong picture.  Why this is called Brown Sparkles, I do not know.  It is maybe a teeny bit on the champagne side, even though it looks silver here.  There are some sparkles, but it really just looks like a foil finish to me.


I tried to get it to sparkle... It's a pretty color, but not very exciting, and nothing like its name!


I decided to use China Glaze Midtown Magic and my new Cheeky plates (CH52) spiral/wave stamp for the tip.  Some of the new Cheeky full-nail stamps also have a curved edge, so you can use them for tips or even half-moon manis, which is very clever, indeed!


I did freehand a line at the top of the stamp just to give it more definition.  I don't do a lot of French tips because my nails are short and my nail beds are small, and a tip tends to make my nails look even smaller, but I think it looks okay with this type of tip because it's more open with the filigree.


 Do you like a French or Funky French tip?  Do you freehand, use guides, or stamp?


3 comments:

  1. They came out so cute!!! I just followed your blog, please take a look at my blog and if you like you can also follow me :) http://www.yoliscornerreview.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the same problem with stamping French tips. My nails are so short that it generally takes up half my nail.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like my nubbies, but I don't like them to look stubby! lol.

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...