Lit from Within: IC Awareness
-->

Saturday, September 22, 2012

IC Awareness

Jenna Froggy of I'm Still Thinking has mobilized many beauty bloggers to create manicures in honor of September being Interstitial Cystitis Awareness Month.  IC is a painful condition that she likens to having a UTI 24/7, and is relatively unknown and often misdiagnosed.

She's hosting a nail art contest with the theme being the color and symbol of IC - teal, and daisies.  This is my entry:


And here's a little bit about how I did it.  I started with SOPI Who Let the Dorks Out? From the Glee collection.  Shiny teal!  Like every SOPI I've ever tried, the formula was great.  This is two coats.


I then did a gradient with Jessica Frost At All Cost, a dark teal.  I painted on the tips, and then used a cosmetic sponge to blend it some, and then covered it all with topcoat to help everything come together


I tried to copy a ribbon graphic from online - first painting it in white and then with Julep Daphne and the Jessica Frost At All Cost.  The daisies are painted in Sally Hansen White Tip and LA Splash Golden Seahorse, and the centers of the daisies are Zoya Pippa.


 A little more topcoat, and voila'.  My homage to IC Awareness. 


 I hope this contest brings a lot of visibility to this condition! 

3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Queen of Flowers! High praise, indeed. :)

      Delete
  2. Here's where Jenna lists the entries, and the winners. (I was not one, alas and alack) http://www.jennafroggy.com/2012/09/ic-awareness-contest-entries-and-winners.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...