Lit from Within: Stamping Sunday - Someone Else Picks the Stamp
-->

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Stamping Sunday - Someone Else Picks the Stamp


Welcome to another episode of Sunday Stamping!  Today's theme was to let someone else in our lives pick the stamp for us.  My husband was happy to help, and he spent several minutes poring over some of my new plates to find an appropriate image.


I had started with a mani of Enchanted holos - Across the Universe on my index, middle, and pinky fingers, and Octopus' Garden on my thumb and ring finger.  In RL they look very different, but my camera likes to portray purples as blues, so the eggplant base of OG looks like a slightly darker version of ATU.  Interestingly enough, you can see some purple in the holo, so why I can have *that* purple, and not the violet or eggplant purple, I don't know.

 
My loving, romantic husband (are you reading this, honey?) picked a sweet rose stamp that he said reminded him of my tattoo, and roses remind him of me.  Unfortunately, I could not get that stamp to work for love or money, so I scrapped the whole mani and put on Maybelline Color Show in Avante Green.


Hubby might have been influenced by the previous mani of Octopus' Garden when he chose this totes adorbz octopus stamp for me.  I tried stamping with a few different colors, but the one that worked the best was a deep dark blue from Orly called Star of Bombay.


Have you ever tried letting someone else pick your mani color or stamp for you?  Did they surprise you with their choices?  I know I was!

2 comments:

  1. i havent asked for daughter or hubby to pick stamps for me. my daughter loves to pick the colors so i must try letting her pick my stamps!

    nice end result! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband decided on two flower designs he liked and... A nautical star. Lol I told him to pick one of them. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...