Lit from Within: Feeling blue? Me, too!
-->

Friday, September 28, 2012

Feeling blue? Me, too!

I have a bunch of blues and some different techniques to show you today! 

It never ceases to amaze me how so many of the Essie colors can look so similar to each other in the bottle, and sooo different on the nail.  I bought this on a whim from TJ Maxx, and I love it - Smooth Sailing.  Sparkle!



I decided to stamp over it with Essie Nothing Else Metals, a pale lavender chrome, which actually looks more silver over Smooth Sailing.  These chromes stamp divinely - I've never been able to get so much detail from a stamp before!



Next up, blue HOLO! With a good cause, too.  Pam from Girly Bits made two polishes with the proceeds going to the memorial of a teenager who suddenly and unexpectedly passed away.  With a community left reeling, she took it upon herself to help raise funds by creating and selling Roger That and Gentle Ginger.


I embellished with a few studs from the Dollar Nail Art store.  You can't really tell from the picture, but the large silver studs have a ripple pattern in them.  Way cool.  I love using studs or stones to accessorize a holo.



And, last but not least, a water marble!  This is my first successful one EVER!  woot!

It doesn't look so great here - what a mess!  I decided to try smearing lip balm on my fingers instead of using tape.  It worked pretty well, but I didn't realize exactly how far up my fingers I would end up getting the nail polish!


I'll confess that I did double-dip my pinky finger to see if I could fix the hack job I did the first time.


I like the pattern on my thumb and ring finger best!  This was soo much work.  I'm not sure how often I'll be doing water marbles, but it really is a unique look. 


I used all SOPI colors:  Tempted by Teal, Who's Spinning Tonight?, Slushied, and Cartwheels on the Catwalk.  Lessons learned:  Metallics are hard to clean up!  Also, teals and blues stain and can also be hard to clean up. 


Which blue look do you like best?  Ready to put on some blue?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...