Lit from Within: Dark and Colorful
-->

Saturday, March 23, 2013

Dark and Colorful

Black polish used to be so .... Goth.  Thank goodness that trend has changed, and now black is chic, fun, and mainstream.  Case in point, this interesting polish from Emily de Molly:

Muted Madness.  Bright, carnival-inspired matte glitters... in a black base?  And yet, it works.  I would have liked a little more glitter, but otherwise, I like it.


I did a dotted French tip in Milani White on the Spot.  Do you think it would look better if I mimicked the red, green, and blue glitters?


This next polish isn't quite black, but it is a very dark eggplant purple, with a heavy gold shimmer. If you can say the name of this polish without thinking of Wayne's World and headbanging in the car with all your friends, you are a stronger person than I am.

NailNation 3000 Bohemian Rhapsody. 



I love NailNation holos, but she even has some glitters that I'm really liking!  It's so pretty, it can almost make me forget about that hangnail I tore off before I took the pix.  What was I thinking?!

Emily de Molly is a brand out of Australia, and NailNation 3000 is made in the US, but you can find both on Llarowe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...