Lit from Within: Sweet, Dangerous Hemlock!
-->

Monday, March 11, 2013

Sweet, Dangerous Hemlock!

There have been a couple of polishes that Illamasqua stopped producing and then brought back when the lacquer mafia clamored for more!  Along with Illamasqua Raindrops, another discontinued and reissued polish was Hemlock.  I was happy to get this one, too!  The base builds up to a semi-transparent nude, and the green glow is amazing.  Maybe it should be called Absinthe, not Hemlock!

 Illamasqua Hemlock.



A little striping tape and a layer of Revlon Trendy add something fun!  I love how you can still see the green glow peeking out.


There's been some hatin' on Zoya Bevin lately on the Facebook groups, and I wanted to do something pretty with it to redeem poor, tarnished Bevin.  I found this nail art by Robin Moses that I thought would do the trick.  I started with an uneven French tip of Bevin over Hemlock.


Cherry blossoms!  Robin's tutorial explains the process better than I could.


Here's all the colors I used.  Base of Illamasqua Hemlock, tip of Zoya Bevin.  Branches are Zoya Cheryl, and the flowers are a mix of Julep Glenn (metallic red) and Helen (pastel lilac).


Do they look like cherry blossoms to you?  A lot of my flowers are a little more abstract than I'd like!  I loved this look, though.


Are you a fan of polishes like Hemlock that are iridescent?  Do you think Bevin looks pretty like this?

8 comments:

  1. These are so cute. Nice job on the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I appreciate the feedback. :)

      Delete
  2. Ooooo! I love the cherry blossoms! There are a few Illamasquas that I NEED. Hemlock just made that list. You're such an enabler! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Illamasqua site has a web deal that is the better price for Illamasquas that we can't get here (3 for 30#)... but there is some issue with Royal Mail shipping polish right now! I hope it gets resolved soon because polish is taking forever (or is being destroyed) coming out of the UK.

      Delete
  3. that green shimmer is amaazing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...