Lit from Within: Mod Lacquer - Southwest Spring Collection
-->

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Mod Lacquer - Southwest Spring Collection

Mod Lacquers is a new-to-me Indie.  This collection caught my eye the moment I saw it - pastel milky-based glitter sandwiches?  I wanted it.

First impressions are very good for this brand.  I love the bottles, I like the labels - though they are only on the bottom, and I am wanting one on the side of the bottle, too.  All the formulas were great - even distribution of glitter, no streaking, average dry time, and opaque at two coats.

Puesta Del Sol.  This translates to "sunset," and it would be a very pretty sunset in lavender with blue, white, red, pink, and yellow.



Salida del Sol.  Translates to 'sunrise' in English.  This would be a very cheerful sunrise, indeed.  Yellow base with orange, yellow, blue, green, and red.



Cielo Azul.  "Blue sky."  I love pastel blues, but this was my least favorite of the collection.  I think it's the red glitter, actually.  It is a little jarring for me in this mix. 



Verde Montaña.  "Green Mountain."  This is my fave of the collection.  Light pastel green, soothing pastel glitters - very reminiscent of Easter and Spring.



As a surprise (at least to me!) I was gifted a mini of their lacquer, Nonpareils.  This is a white milky base with multi-colored glitters, much in the vein of KBShimmer Oh, Splat, and the like.  Very cute and festive.




If you'd like more information about Mod Lacquers, you can find them on Facebook, or at their Etsy shop.

2 comments:

  1. This is the first time I want EVERY SINGLE polish you have featured!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucky for you, this is a new collex, and you can probably still get them! :) I'm glad you liked them. :)

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...