Lit from Within: Matchy-Matchy Yum-Yum
-->

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Matchy-Matchy Yum-Yum

When you're a *ahem* famous beauty blogger who specializes in nails, people expect fabulousness!  So, when I went out to celebrate a friend's birthday wearing this blue patterned shirt, I wanted - no, needed - nails to match.


I started with Lacquerhead Polish Blueberry Yum-Yum.  I am constantly fooled by polishes like this that look so dark in the bottle, but then need a million layers on the nail to achieve it.  After three, I generally give up.


As I'm usually running late, I didn't have time to start over, so I looked for a pattern that resembled my shirt, and stamped in black, which made it look a little darker, and also helped the holo to stand out more.


One nice thing about stamping is that it's generally easier to replicate on my right hand than freehand nail art.


As you might have guessed, no one really noticed, and the one person at the party I showed it to could not have cared less.  But I knew, deep inside, how fabulous I was, and that was all that mattered.

Do you like wearing matchy-matchy nails, or do you like your nail color to be complementary, or as wildly different from what you're wearing as possible?

If you'd like more information about Lacquerhead Polish, you can find her on Facebook, or her Etsy shop.

5 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Do people notice when you match your polish?

      Delete
    2. I almost always get some kind of comment (not always positive). But I'm a habitual matcher. Shoes, glasses, purse, nails, etc... Some of the folks I work with get a kick out of it for some reason. I never can figure out if they're trying to compliment me or pick on me.

      Delete
  2. You rock whether they said anything or not.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am pretty awesome, aren't I. ;) LOL! HUGS, girl.

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...