Lit from Within: The Fruity Punch of Polish
-->

Saturday, March 9, 2013

The Fruity Punch of Polish

I have a few colors to show you today that just remind me of fruity cocktails, and that the beach is only a moment away..

Illamasqua Grab.  What to call this color... somewhere between fuchsia and magenta, I guess?  Definitely in the pink family.  Nice, glossy finish.


I added Julep Jordan, a mix of silver glitters, to give it an edge.  Adding some black would look nice, too!


Illamasqua Lament.  This was one of my surprise favorites!  A coral/salmon color that is bright, but not blindingly so, and definitely not neon. 


I love coral and gold together, so I thought Glitzology Sock Monkey would pair nicely.  Even with a very thin layer, it almost completely covered Lament!  Gives it almost a patina look, like an old gold lame' purse.


Gamma.  Now this is pretty much a neon, only in a rubber-type finish.  My camera couldn't capture the true brightness of this polish.  Definitely more bright than simply orange, but not radioactive yellow, either.  A fun summery color.


I took a fan brush and swept Lament and Grab over Gamma.  The mixture really looks like fruit punch to me!  But not the kiddie Kool-Aid version, more like the one with an umbrella in it.  This look needs topcoat to make it all meld together.


Bottle shot:


Too soon for summer?  It's 5 o'clock somewhere...

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I almost didn't pick it up, but I thought, eh, for half price, I'll try it. Boy, am I glad I did, I really like it!

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...