Lit from Within: Epic nailpolish shopping day!
-->

Saturday, April 28, 2012

Epic nailpolish shopping day!

Today, I love my Sally's beauty supply.  This month, they have had a buy 2 - get 1 free on all nail polishes.  I used it with a 15% off coupon earlier in the month, but yesterday I snagged a birthday coupon off a blog ($10 off a purchase of $20) and went to see if I could get the Dark Shadows collection from Orly.  It's not officially supposed to be released until May, but some bloggers are saying that they convinced someone to get it from the back room.. mine had the display out already.

So I got them!  I only wanted 3 of the 4.  From left to right:  Buried Alive, Mysterious Curse, and Decades of Dysfunction.

Buried Alive is a shimmery brown.  It's smooth to the touch, but looks like it has texture, because it's full of shimmery micro-glitter.  I love browns, and this is a great one to add to my collection.

Mysterious curse is a blue-purple duochrome.  I love duo- and multi-chromes, and this is a beautiful polish.  I can't seem to get enough dark blue polishes.

Decades of Dysfunction is a bisque - not quite white, a hint of pinky-beige.  I don't have anything like it.  It took 3 coats for opaqueness, but it's worth it.  Orly polishes are among my fave for color and application.

Each color here is shown without top coat.  D of D has 3 coats of polish, the others have 2.


I had just bought Milani Chocolate Sprinkles (on my pinky), so I wanted to see if it was a dupe with Buried Alive (ring finger).  It's not.  They both have micro glitter, but the Milani's glitter is more coppery.  And the base color is more espresso, almost gunmetal.   I also just bought an Orly mini of Chocolate Martini (middle finger) online, so I wanted to see what it looked like.  Nothing like the others, but a beautiful glowy copper.  I pulled an older, much loved China Glaze - Unplugged (index finger) to see if it compared to the others.  It's close in base color to Buried Alive, but it doesn't have the glitter at all, and is much shinier.


I also scored some other Orly polishes on clearance for 4 dollars, and got the buy 2 get one free deal, too.  If you have a Sally's and you like those Orly Dark Shadows polishes, it'll save you a few bucks to see if you can get the collection while they still have that nail polish deal.  It's only good through April.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...