Lit from Within: Monday blues
-->

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Monday blues

I can't stay away from the Sally's nail polish sale this month... got my 15% off coupon in the mail, so I went to see if there was anything else I needed.  I had seen swatches of China Glaze First Mate and Secret Peri-wink-le which had me lemming them... so now they are mine.  And I had to use them right away!

I thought they would look good in a gradient tape mani with Revlon Indigo Night.  I love this color, and would wear it all by itself.. it's a rich blue creme.  It applied great.  I'm loving the new Colorstay formula.



After Indigo Night dried, then I cut narrow strips of scotch tape and applied them diagonally to my nails.


For this mani, I actually applied one coat of Secret Peri-wink-le on top, a coat of First Mate on the bottom, and then applied a little more SP on the top to get it opaque BEFORE I pulled off the tape. I then dabbed a little more Indigo Night where needed, and finished it off with topcoat.


I love that this mani looks great on my short nails.  And, because you only use one piece of tape, it's easier to make the diagonal lines look nice.  I'm sure this will get easier with practice.

Right hand:







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...