Lit from Within: Decal dupe freehand
-->

Thursday, June 28, 2012

Decal dupe freehand

I am a blatant copycat, and today's mani was inspired by this one from Not Another Bottle of Polish.  She had on some troublesome decals, and since I didn't have them, I thought I would freehand a similar pattern.

I started with the gorgeous OPI DS Classic, a nude scattered holo.


I used a striping brush and three polishes:  Jessica Movie Premiere for the sky blue, Ulta Wild Night for the navy blue, and Sephora for OPI  On Stage for the taupe.  I wish I had thought to outline the shape in black first, like the decals, but I didn't.  Hubby said he liked mine better, anyhow, but he's kinda supposed to.  ;)


Right hand, I attempted the same pattern:


 I wanted to try it with a matte finish.  I love glitter matted.  Which do you like better?


Have you tried to replicate a decal with freehand art?  I'm not an artist, but it's fun to try.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...