Lit from Within: Jungle Love
-->

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Jungle Love

Recently, the hubby and I went on an adventure to a roadside attraction in Christmas, Florida called Jungle Adventures.   It was very like an old-timey roadside attraction with Swampy, the world's largest alligator (he's actually a building that houses their gift shop, among other things) and other animals.  I knew I wanted to do a jungle-themed mani to match my excitement for the adventure!

I started off with 2 coats of Nubar Verde, a dark green that has a gold shimmer in it.  I don't see Nubar in any stores around here; I've bought all mine online.  They are a fantastic brand, though - one of the best, in my humble opinion.


Using a makeup sponge, I dabbed a little bit of Nubar Meadow Sparkle, a light green tiny glitter, on the lower 2/3 of the nail.  It got opaque very quickly, and I'm sure would be opaque on its own in one or two coats.


Then I added a layer of Jordana Funky Gold Town, a clear base packed with medium gold hex glitters.  For only $2, I thought it would be a sparse coat of a few glitters, but it surprised me. 



Right hand.  Later, I did apply Warpaint Matte topcoat over it because it was soooo shiny, but I, uh, forgot to take a pix.  Sorry!


This ball python coordinated with my polish beautifully.


What was the craziest thing you painted your mani to match?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...