Lit from Within: Plan B is usually Glitter!
-->

Friday, June 22, 2012

Plan B is usually Glitter!

I found a few of these Cutie Girl polishes at the Dollar Tree.  I couldn't find anything about them online, but, hey, it's a dollar.  So they came home with me.  I like this purple.  It's a little sheer and slightly frosty, but that's ok.  There are 2 coats in these pix, but if I were wearing it without the glitter, I would have used three.


When I was trying to find a good underwear for Girly Bits Street Magic, this was my first attempt. It didn't work at all - all I could see was a small smattering of holo glitter, but not that much, and no color change. So, rather than take it all off, I decided to find something else to do with it.

Ok, I'm coming around to glitter.  I never really liked it before - seemed like too much of a hassle, especially for someone like me who changes polish every day.  But the Target polish remover dip-it with acetone has changed that for me - it's so easy to remove glitter with that thing - and the plastic bristles don't get gooped up like the old sponge inserts did.  I added a little Zoya Remove franken (acetone + glycerine + water) to it, and I don't even get the white hands anymore.


This is Sinful Colors Frenzy,  purple/teal glitter.  This was 2 coats-ish, maybe a little dabbing.  I didn't want it to be completely opaque.  I actually like a little polish showing through around the cuticle.  I'm so fashion-forward, y'all.


I've only recently discovered Sinful Colors, but I'm a convert.  You really do get a lot of bang for your buck at $1.99 a bottle.  Watch for the occasional half-price sale, and it's even better.

Wanna see something even cooler?  Mattify!



I'm sure there is a scientific explanation for why this looks so neat, but it just does.  MOAR glitter, please.  What's your fave glitter?  Matted?

2 comments:

  1. i adore this essie matte tc! it looks fab in ur mani! xxx

    http://www.unnakednails.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...