Lit from Within: Buttered Curtains
-->

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Buttered Curtains

I am so in love with the Winter 2012 glitters from Butter London.  Scuppered was amazing, and I love Jack the Lad even more.  It's predominantly green with gold and flashes of teal.  Not a typical holiday glitter, but I don't mind at all.



This isn't a holiday color, but it was calling my name.  Butter London Stag Do.  I wish more of the shimmer was evident on the nail, but it's still a pretty dusty teal.



I recently discovered Miss Ladyfinger, and when I saw this nail art of hers, it inspired me to do this one.

I started with a base layer of Jack the Lad, and when it dried, I put a piece of tape just covering a center triangle of the nail.  Then I painted over the nail with Stag Do, which gave me this curtain effect.


Then I took a white striping polish and made a 'V' not quite on the border of the two polishes, but pretty close.  For dramatic patterns like this, sometimes I wish I had longer nails!


I do love that little peek of glitter, like it's coming out from behind the curtains.



Would you use glitter like this in a tape mani?









No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...