Lit from Within: A Hare in Priti Flowers
-->

Friday, June 21, 2013

A Hare in Priti Flowers

When I was doing this mani, I was trying to work in contrasts (again) of a neutral base and bright foreground.  My hubby said that there isn't that much contrast in this mani.  I want to know what you guys think.

I started with a base of Hare Polish Return to Nature.  I love this - a nude with small gold and white square and circle glitters. 
Hare Polish Return to Nature

Understated, but with a bit of bling.  Application was fine, no problems getting the glitters all over the nail. In these close-up pix, the VNL is more noticeable, but not as much in Real Life.  Another coat would have eliminated that, but I knew I was doing nail art, so I wasn't as worried.

Hare Polish Return to Nature

The flowers were inspired by this design from Set In Lacquer.  I really liked the spiky look to her flowers. 

Hare Polish Return to Nature with Priti Flowers

I made the flowers using  Priti NYC Flame of the Forest and Pincushion Protea for the petals, and SkyWaltz Delphinium for the centers.

Flowers:  Priti NYC Flame of the Forest, Pincushion Protea, and SkyWaltz Delphinium

They are such bright and cheerful colors, even if I've never seen a real flower that looked anything like it!

Flowers:  Priti NYC Flame of the Forest, Pincushion Protea, and SkyWaltz Delphinium

And, the bottle shot:  Hare Return to Nature, Priti NYC Flame of the Forest, Pincushion Protea, and SkyWaltz Delphinium.

bottle shot:  Hare Return to Nature, Priti NYC Flame of the Forest, Pincushion Protea, and SkyWaltz Delphinium.

So, is my hubby colorblind, or is there enough contrast? :)

4 comments:

  1. Its a pretty neutral with some lovely glitters :) Really like the flowers you added to the manicure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this, so cute!!! You did a lovely job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love your name, Headache slayer! lol. Thanks for the compliment, I love painting flowers. :)

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...