Lit from Within: Clinique - a Different Nail Enamel
-->

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Clinique - a Different Nail Enamel

I used to buy all kinds of Clinique stuff, but when I started getting more interested in makeup and polish, I expanded my beauty regimen beyond the department store counters.  I recently decided to dabble back in Clinique, after seeing they have new nail polishes designed for those with sensitive skin!  (and a free gift with purchase didn't hurt, either.)

Indie Rock.  This is my kind of polish - a little metallic, a little shimmer, a nice rich plummy brown.  Application was nice, dry time was average.

Clinique Indie Rock

I decided to play around a little bit with the look by adding Cirque French Roast.  This is a combo of brown and orange and gold microglitters in a clear base.  It sparkles so much more than I can capture on camera.  It is not a glitter that builds to opaque on it's own - or at least not with 3 layers.  I tried.

Clinique Indie Rock with Cirque French Roast

I recently bought these nail stickers from L'oreal on Target clearance.  I love these because, other than the swirl decoration, they are clear - so whatever color you are wearing shows through.  Unfortunately, my nail beds are so small, I'd have to do a lot of trimming for most of the stickers - this was the smallest one, and it just barely fit on my ring finger.


Really Rio.  I am endlessly drawn to these bright corals.  I wish they looked as good on me as I hoped they would.  This one didn't work that well for me, and I didn't like the formula, either.  It dragged and pooled at my cuticles, and didn't self-level.  Some of the nails needed three coats, and still didn't look right.

Clinique Really Rio

I wanted to see if this would pick up any of the colors in Mentality Multi Flakie, but they look mostly sheer on a color this light.  I can't wait to try it over navy or black.  I think this kind of coral would look great with a gold glitter instead.

Clinique Really Rio with Mentality Multi Flakie

Have you tried any of the new Clinique nail lacquers yet?  Are they really a different nail enamel?  Not to me, but maybe someone with sensitive skin might appreciate their new formula more than I do.

4 comments:

  1. Haven't tried any of the Clinique nail colors but they look good from your swatches :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait for a review from someone who has such sensitive skin they've never been able to wear polish, but maybe these worked for them. :)

      Delete
  2. Hadn't heard of or saw any of these yet. They are gorgeous though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. $16 (and free shipping) from Nordstrom.com. With the two I bought, I got a free gift with purchase!

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...