Lit from Within: Sunday Stamping - Broken Heart
-->

Sunday, February 1, 2015

Sunday Stamping - Broken Heart


Hello, Fireflies!

Today's Adventures in Stamping challenge was to use pink and black.  I've been gearing up to do some Valentines' Day manis, and thought this might be a great opportunity to do a 'broken heart' one with these colors.

I started with a base of Gloss 'n Sparkle Lead Paint, a dark grey creme full of silver and black glitter, and then topped it with Azature Black.  I thought Azature Black would be a black creme with diamond sparkle, but it was actually a very sheer jelly, bordering on dark blue, and not very sparkly at all.  My first whomp-whomp moment with Azature polishes.


To stamp, I took Revlon Passionate Pink and OPI Put A Coat On! and mixed them on the stamping plate to create a lighter, brighter pink.  Then, I stamped with the Big SdP-K plate. 

Revlon Passionate Pink and OPI Put A Coat On! mixed and stamped with Big SdP-K plate

The white makes the pink stand out more against the black.. but apparently, it also makes it turn a bit purple?  I wasn't expecting that!


It's hard to get colors to stamp over black, but I think this works and the black gives it a broken heart feel.  Even if it is glittery black.

Bottle shot:  Gloss 'n Sparkle Lead Paint, Azature Black, Revlon Passionate Pink and OPI Put A Coat On!

Bottle shot:  Gloss 'n Sparkle Lead Paint, Azature Black, Revlon Passionate Pink and OPI Put A Coat On!

Are you more of the black heart or the pink/red heart type for Valentines' Day? Or some other color? Or no hearts at all?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...