Lit from Within: An-I-Mal! Animal!
-->

Thursday, February 19, 2015

An-I-Mal! Animal!


Hello, Fireflies!

This month's challenge is animals.  I did a cute puppy stamping mani with a little tribute to my heart dog, Goliath, for the first mani, but today's mani features a very different animal Animal.

When I saw this Animal tutorial from Nail Nerd, I knew I had to try it for this challenge.  I love Animal.  I wasn't sure I could do him justice, but her tutorial REALLY helped.  

Muppet Animal nail art

The base color is KB Shimmer Falling For Hue.  I thought the glitter complimented Animal's hair nicely.  I think he would like that.


 I have small nail beds, so I took a little artistic license and made his fur go outside the lines a bit.  Animal himself is on the fringe, so it seemed appropriate!

I have never tried this kind of intricate character painting before, and I'm kinda really proud how it came out.  I didn't want to take it off!

Animal nail art

Bottle shot:  KBShimmer Falling For Hue, China Glaze Unplugged, Orly Berry Blast, OPI Over and Over A-Gwen, Deborah Lippmann Honey Bee, Nails Inc Flammable, and black and white nail stripers.

Bottle shot:  KBShimmer Falling For Hue, China Glaze Unplugged, Orly Berry Blast, OPI Over and Over A-Gwen, Deborah Lippmann Honey Bee, Nails Inc Flammable, and black and white nail stripers.

What do you think?  Are you an Animal lover?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...