Lit from Within: From The Vault - Guest Nails
-->

Thursday, February 5, 2015

From The Vault - Guest Nails

Hello, Fireflies!

I love nail art, and am lucky enough to have some friends who also love nailart, too.  Today, I've gone back into the vault and pulled out some looks that I have done on my friends' nails!  For someone like me who isn't a nail tech and is used to the shape and angles of my own nails, it can be a fun challenge to adapt to another person's nails.

My first victim, uh, model, is my friend Chelsea.  She came to me with a picture of these nude and black lace nails from Chasing Shadows, and I did my best to replicate them.  I used a no-name nude from Bonita, Milani Black Swift, and a black jelly I made by mixing clear polish with a few drops of black polish.

nude and black lace nail art
Though not quite Halloween when I did these nails, my friend Carolyn wanted this stamp of the Grim Reaper on her nails!  I used Butter London Old Blighty as the base, and the glitter is China Glaze Boundary Of Memory.

Grim Reaper and Glitter nail art

I did Carolyn's nails another time, and she knew she wanted "Waterfall Nails" after seeing some online.  I showed her The Nailasaurus' tutorial, and she was hooked.  I did this version using Sinful Colors Tidal Wave as the base, and also Sonia Kashuk Rain Check, OPI Eurso..Euro, Priti NYC Blue Wedgewood, and Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Grape Going.
Blue Waterfall Nail art
Toni saw these cute "I Heart Pizza" nails online. I can't find the original creator of them, just some gallery links.  I did the best I could with a pizza stamp and a few nail art pens.  The pink is Sinful Colors Heartfelt, and the nail art was done with Zoya Pippa, and brown and yellow nail art stripers.
"I Heart Pizza" nail art
Toni's mom, Jill, really liked these 'Nightmare Before Christmas' nails I found on Pshiit, so I did my best to recreate them on her. The base is Milani Black Swift, and I also used CrowsToes Cheshire, and a white striper, and a stamp for Jack's face.
 'Nightmare Before Christmas' Jack Skellington nail art
Molly saw this mani that I did for Chelsea's graduation last year, and loved the stamp so much that she wanted a version of it. The base coat for most of the nails is Sally Hansen 24 Karat, with accents in Deborah Lippmann Honey Bee.  I stamped using Finger Paints Black Expressionism.

Stamped scrolls

I don't know if I could do this for a living - there's always a discrepancy between what the client has in their head and what I'm able to put on their nails!  It's fun to do with friends who are appreciative of having fun nails for a few days, though.

If you had a chance to have me do some nail art on you, what would you ask me for?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...