Lit from Within: A Leopard Can Change His Spots If They're Made Of Nail Polish
-->

Tuesday, February 24, 2015

A Leopard Can Change His Spots If They're Made Of Nail Polish


Hello, Fireflies!

It's almost the end of the month, and I haven't done all 4 of my NCC posts yet!   Today is #3 in the 'animal' challenge.  I haven't really played around with animal prints too much, but today I make a leopard print two ways.

I wanted to stick to the more traditional colors, so I painted some of my nails with my fave satin finish gold, OPI Love..Angel..Music..Baby, and painted the others black, with Milani Black Swift.  I painted foil glue in patterns on the gold, and then used black foil to make the outlines of the spots, and also the black index finger.


I don't know if I'll bother with the black foil again, though.  I couldn't tell the difference between shiny black polish and the black foil on my index, and it was just too messy for the detail.  My index and pinky fingers are done with the leopard print foil.  I really like how it looks - kinda subtle, but still interesting.  The only problem with foil is that using topcoat can wrinkle it up.  I wanted to keep the satin look of the gold OPI anyway, so I just didn't topcoat this mani at all.  I knew it would be pretty short-lived.

leopard print nailart with foils

Bottle shot:  OPI Love..Angel..Music..Baby, Finger Paints Sketchy Character, Milani Black Swift, and foils in leopard print and shiny black.

Bottle shot:  OPI Love..Angel..Music..Baby, Finger Paints Sketchy Character, Milani Black Swift, and foils in leopard print and shiny black.

The foils are pretty easy to use - just take the back off with a little acetone, apply glue to your nail and allow it to get tacky, and then press the foil on.  I've seen people press and pull off the foil immediately for a textured, messy look, or for a full nail, press and rub until you're sure all the foil is adhered to the nail.  Some slow-dry topcoats don't wrinkle the foil, but I haven't found one myself.  I don't think I'll try to do foil again for detail work, but I did like the full-nail print!

Have you played with foils?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...