Lit from Within: Anti-Valentines' Day
-->

Sunday, February 15, 2015

Anti-Valentines' Day


 Hello, Fireflies!

Even though I think Valentines' Day is a Hallmark Holiday, I'm not really *against* it.  I don't celebrate it, but I'm not a hater if you do.  I've never sent anyone some Haterade Black Roses before, but I thought they might be fun for an anti-Valentines look

I started with Zoya Pixie Dust in Oswin.  I know some people haven't liked these newer Pixies, but I loved this one!  It did dry matte, but the glitter was pretty and glowy.  I wish I could have captured it in the photo!  Zoya is discontinuing all Pixie Dusts for now, so if you like the textured glitter look, go get 'em while they last.

Zoya Pixie Dust in Oswin

I liked this stylized rose stamp from Cici & Sisi 07, and used Cult Nails Fetish to stamp with.  I wanted to see how it would look with a matte-ish black instead of glossy.  Two bad things happened.  1) You can't really see the stamping.  2) I dropped my bottle on the floor and spilled a bunch of it.  Cult Nails closed it's doors and I can't get this anymore.  Sigh.


In Real Life, if you looked really closely, you could see the roses. Otherwise, it just looks like a textured dirty red mess.


What a difference a little topcoat makes! Such a glossy, glowing red, and the roses are more clear.  I would have liked the whole thing to be a little more black, but oh, well.


If you've never tried stamping over a texture, it works surprisingly well.  Just choose your stamping polishes better than I did... and don't drop them on the floor...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...