Lit from Within: Butter-ween
-->

Saturday, October 20, 2012

Butter-ween

Happy Butter-ween!  It's almost Halloween, and what better way to get ready than by doing some lovely, crazy nail art?

I've used BL Gobsmacked in a few places now, and I'm going to use it again in this nail art, but I wanted to show you what it looked like as a full mani.


It is a really pretty charcoal grey glitter.  Like most glitters, it needs a little care in application, but it's not too finicky.  This one does look different with some topcoat, so I put on a nice layer of Seche to show you the difference.


You'll be seeing some more Gobsmacked in a minute.  But, now for something completely different! 
BL Yummy Mummy.  the nudiest of nudes.


Honestly, I thought it was a little boring.  I mean, I know it's a nude, but it just didn't do much for me.


Look how it changes when I added BL Hen Party to it, though.


Now that is a pretty nude.  That little bit of shimmer is what I wanted.  And it made a nice, ethereal glow for my Halloweenie mani!


The nail art I decided to do with these colors was based on a Robin Moses Diva Spiderweb design.  I changed it up a little, per usual, though!


Instead of using black polish or paint, I decided to paint with BL Gobsmacked.  I will tell you that as much as I liked this look, Gobsmacked was a pain to paint with.  I had to add thinner to it on my palette to get it to spread, and it took me quite a while to paint.

But isn't it PRETTY? 


Instead of black and silver rhinestones like the Robin Moses design had, I decided to do shades of pink in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness month.  I mean, what's scarier than cancer?


These square rhinestones are from Cult Nails and come in many different colors.


 Are you dressing up your nails this season? Scary or pretty?





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...