Lit from Within: Sunday Stamping - Birth Day Plate Number
-->

Sunday, October 28, 2012

Sunday Stamping - Birth Day Plate Number


Today's stamping challenge was to use a plate that ended in the number that corresponded to the date you were born.  I was born on the ninth of February, so I chose BM-309, and some owls!


This idea I had didn't really pan out in RL, but this isn't just about my successes.. it's about the journey, so here's my mani, warts and all...


I started with one coat of Kleancolor Holo Green.  So pretty and sparkly, though not exactly green.  I would have used more coats, but I knew I was layering.   On top, Sea Lore Adella.  I was going for a leafy green tree look. I liked this effect.



I used Finger Paints Black Expressionism and Maybelline Bold Gold for the owls.. but they just wouldn't stamp clearly.  I used top coat in between the glitter and the stamp, but I just couldn't get a good, clean stamp.


 My Thumb came out the cleanest, I think. 


I liked the idea, but the execution... whomp, whomp.  Try again!

2 comments:

  1. Have you had success with this plate before? Bundle Monster is sending me my THIRD replacement of this plate; most from this set work great for me, but 301, 308, and 309 were big-time duds. And that plate is one of the main ones I was looking forward to! But BM is being really nice about it, so I can't complain too much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was my first time trying to use this plate. Maybe I'll play around with it some more and if it's defective, I'll send BM an e-mail, too.

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...