Lit from Within: Halloween?
-->

Monday, October 29, 2012

Halloween?

When I started playing with these polishes, I wasn't thinking about Halloween, but there's something about green and purple that takes me there this time of year!

The base for all these glitters is China Glaze I'm With the Lifeguard.  It's almost neon, but it's not - it's just really bright.  The second pix is shaded on purpose to give a more accurate color of the green.  It's not as yellow as it looks in the first pix.



As a surprise gift when I ordered some polishes from Nail Potions by Kunimitsu, I got a little mini of her Halloween polish, One Scary Outfit.  I figured this one would read Halloween, and it does!  I'm loving the focus on the black glitter with the hint of purple.


Swatching that combo made me wonder if I had any other purple glitters that would read Halloween if I put them over the same bright green.  First, I tried Candeo Mallard.  Candeo colors are very nice glitters - great formula, complex mixes of glitters.  I liked this combo, but I'm looking forward to trying it out over something less Halloween-ie.


Next, I tried Wet 'n Wild Colorcon in The Crown Is Mine.  Hmm.  Not Halloween-ie at all.  The lavender dominates, and the shimmer lightens the green too much.  I wasn't feeling this combo at all.  Pass.


Wild and Crazy in Paris is a color I picked up at a beauty supply store that specialized in ethnic products.  I'd never heard of this brand, but I loved this glitter!  No purple, but the green and black is very festive. 


Dandy Nails is becoming one of my fave Indies.  I have reviewed Wonderwall before, and I'm going to review Bathed in Light for you, too, which I fell in love with.  Like Disco Lemonade is another fun glitter with different greens and black and some holo glitters that flash purple.  Over the green, very Halloween, but I look forward to wearing this year-round. 



All together.  They all have similar colored glitters in them, but they couldn't be more different on the nail!  Thumb - Candeo Mallard.  From index to pinky - Colorcon The Crown is Mine, Wild and Crazy Paris, Kunimitsu One Scary Outfit, and Dandy Nails Like Disco Lemonade.


Will you 'make' a Halloween polish this season, or will you buy ones that are someone else's vision of the season? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...