Lit from Within: Halloween Costumes and manis
-->

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Halloween Costumes and manis

I did end up dressing in costumes this Halloween, and did up some manis to match!

For a Murder Mystery dinner party, I was Madame Garlique, a fortune teller (My hubby was Hannibal Schecter, the kosher cannibal)


For a bright, sparkly, out-of-this-world mani, I chose Kiko 401, a rich turquoise holo, and an accent nail of Color Club Blue Heaven.


The Kiko and the Color Club were not toooo finicky.  Somewhere between a Layla and a Jade.  They didn't require buffing or special base coats, but you did have to be careful in application - one swipe only on wet polish, or there would be bald spots.


Right hand:


For a Halloween/Birthday party we went to the following evening, hubby and I were Tacky Tourists!





For this outfit, I wanted the brightest red I could find, and ended up with Revlon Frankly Scarlet.



Per usual, it applied with the ease of all the Revlons I have.  I was a little disappointed that the gold shimmer in the bottle wasn't more evident on the nail.  I do have some tipwear because I wasn't able to take pix until after the party.


As I write this, the trick-or-treating has come to an end in my neighborhood, and the holiday is winding down.  I'm still looking forward to watching the Charlie Brown special that I recorded earlier, and having a piece (or two, or three) of leftover candy.

I may not have celebrated with ghosts or ghouls on my fingernails, but it was a fun time nonetheless!  Happy Halloween, everyone!

2 comments:

  1. It looks like you had a lot of fun - great costumes (and polishes)!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...