Lit from Within: Stamping Sunday - Invasion!!!
-->

Sunday, October 14, 2012

Stamping Sunday - Invasion!!!






INVASION!!

What better color to start with for an alien invasion than green?  I wanted to try my new Layla Ceramic Effect in khaki, and I was not disappointed.  Not sure it was totally worth the inflated price over other cremes, but it definitely applied like a dream.



I decided to play around with the acetone "watercolor' technique and add dark and light greys to the mix.  The dark grey is Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in Grey Area, and the light grey is Essence Grey-t to be here. 


An unexpected benefit to using the Essence was that, as the color washed out with the acetone, it left the pink shimmer behind, adding an other-worldly haze to the background of my alien invasion.


I used FNUG holos to stamp on my invasion.  Futuristica, the blue holo, was used for the ufos on my thumb, and the alien on my pinky.  Fantastica, the green holo, was used for the Space Invaders on my middle and ring fingers, as well as the rocket and ufo on my index finger.


 Are you ready for the invasion??


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...