Lit from Within: Spotted-ween!
-->

Saturday, October 27, 2012

Spotted-ween!

This is a Summer bright color, China Glaze I'm With the Lifeguard... but it's going to be featured in a few Halloween manis this year!


I got OPI Spotted in a swap, and I couldn't be happier!  This was my first time playing with it, so I had a little trouble getting any kind of uniformity to the spotting.  Doesn't it look positively ghoulish over that bright green?


OPI Spotted goes over best with an almost-dry brush. Then you get the most spotting.  On my middle finger, I went over one section twice, and you can see it didn't spot at all, but rather gave more of a croc-cracked look.


I wanted to try it over a bright, scattered holo.  This is Holo Berry.  The Indie didn't put their name on the bottle, but I think this is 2Chix. If you know whose it is, please let me know in the comments.


It's a pretty berry with a strong scattered holo, like China Glaze Fairy Dust, though I admit it's not very Halloween-ie, or Fall.  I thought if I put a flakie over it, the effect would show through the Spotted.


The flakie/holo didn't really shine through the Spotted that much, but where it did, I loved how it looked.
Sort of a burning ember/hellfire effect.




 I actually liked it a lot with another layer of the flakie (Lorena Cinderela) over the Spotted.
 

And, right hand:


Do you like taking non-traditional Halloween colors and making them more seasonal?  I'll be showing you some more looks like that next week!


































2 comments:

  1. It's a really great spotted look, I especially love it over the green base...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Now, if they only had a polish that would just magically make flowers, I'd be set. lol!

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...