Lit from Within: Indie January - Candii Polished
-->

Monday, January 28, 2013

Indie January - Candii Polished

When I do polish reviews and swatches, I like including both swatches on the nail and bottle shots because sometimes the two look very, very different.  That was the case with all three polishes I tried from Candii Polished.  I thought that they were opaque polishes, but they were all best layered.

My Mystery.  I can't even remember how many layers this was.  I think over 4.  I couldn't get the VNL to go away.  I thought this was a dark brown polish with a scattered holo, maybe a duochrome, but I couldn't achieve it.


Dahlia.  I painted one nail with one layer of Dahlia and realized it was the same thing as My Mystery - a topper.  So, I painted my nails with Pure Ice Black Rage, and put Dahlia on my ring finger and thumb, and My Mystery on the other fingers. 


My Mystery imparts a golden/purple scattered holo, and Dahlia a silver/multi-colored scattered holo sprinkling.  Barely.  Color me disappointed, because I got hardly any bang for my buck.  


I figured I was in for more of the same with Candii Polished Holo Moly! and I was right.  I started with 2 coats of Revlon Spanish Moss and an accent of Holo Moly!


I added a couple of layers of Holo Moly! to all the fingers.  Even after 4 coats, it barely covers.  Spanish Moss looks pretty with the topcoat, though I think I would get similar results from a couple of coats of Chick Polish Hipster Chick.


If you're just getting into polish layering, these offer a pretty, if often subtle, scattered holo.  But, my recommendation would be to just buy a bottle of China Glaze Fairy Dust if that's what you're looking for. 

If you'd like more information about Candii Blossom Cosmetics and Candii Polished, check out their Facebook page, and their shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...