Lit from Within: Indie January - Enchanted Polish
-->

Saturday, January 19, 2013

Indie January - Enchanted Polish

Enchanted is so well known now, it almost doesn't feel like an Indie anymore!  I've been known to stalk some polishes in my time, but none so much as the holos from Enchanted... and I still couldn't get all the ones I wanted.  These were so worth the trouble, though.  Each of them applied like a dream, wore well, needed no special undies or buffing.  All had great pigmentation and rainbow, too.

Bruised Nutcracker.  The closest thing to a 'blurple' holo I've ever seen.  I have a lot of blue holos - they seem to be the one color a lot of Indies can make easily in holo.  This is one of the best I've seen. 


I decided to paint on some flowers, and I really liked these I saw in a tutorial from Robin Moses.  The focus was on some Mardi Gras masks, but I loved the flowers. I painted these with black and white nail art stripers.


Olive the Other Reindeer.  Another color I have a lot of holos in.. but none this shade of olive green.  It has a great shift to gold, too, that you can see in the pix I took with art on them.


I took these pix on a different day in different lighting, and with topcoat, so the color looks different - but it's the same polish.  I love how holos can look different in different conditions.  Again, I used the template flowers from the same tutorial of Robin's.  These were painted with the same black and white nail art stripers, and Maybelline Bold Gold.


Right hand, too! 

Green Peace On Earth.  This is a light, spring green.  In Real Life the VNL wasn't obvious, but those with longer nails might want to use 3+ coats of polish.


Spring Flowers seemed like a natural art to do.  I used a dotting tool with Orly Enchanted Forest for the flowers, and Joe Fresh Lime Juice for the centers.


Dance of the Sugar Plum.  I am such a sucker for a purple holo.  This eggplant shade is so gorgeous!



These flowers are also inspired by a Robin Moses tutorial, but a different one.   These are done with black and white nail stripers.



If you like holos like I do, having at least one Enchanted in your collection is a must.  Just don't cart-jack me, because I must have them, too!  You can find Enchanted Polish on Facebook, where she has a store, or through Llarowe or Harlow & Co, or Mei Mei's Signatures.

Which is your fave?  Will you be trying some of Robin's artwork, too?

4 comments:

  1. These Enchanted polishes are so pretty! I don't have the patience to stalk sites but perhaps I'll come across a reasonably priced one one day! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love for her polishes to become more readily available, too. Some of the other uber-popular Indies are becoming more accessible, so there's hope!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Enchanted Polish really knows her holos, I must say!

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...