Lit from Within: Indie January - Pretty & Polished
-->

Monday, January 7, 2013

Indie January - Pretty & Polished

If there is one cue that the major brands are taking from Indies, it's putting out a great milky-based glitter, or a jelly-sandwich in a bottle.  This is one area where a lot of the Indies shine, and I have three from Pretty & Polished to show you today.

First up, Dalmation Nation. 


It's a little weird, right?  I feel like I have googly eyes on my nails.  I've seen there's an actual polish that *has* googly eyes in it, though.


I really like the white with small black glitters, and I like the concept of large circle glitter, but they required a lot of fishing and placing.  It took a loooong time to get one out for each of my nails.

Next up, Power Cosmic.  Oh, if the white is good, the black is awesome.  I love these black jellies with glitter floating through them - like a galaxy nail in a bottle.


It looks even deeper with topcoat.


I couldn't resist adding a little China Glaze Fairy Dust to really give it that 'galaxy' nail look.


I saved my fave for last:  Private School.


The grey jellies are my fave of the milky-based glitters, I do believe.  Foggy and mysterious, bright and naive.  I could take or leave the little red glitters, but this polish is a stunner all the way around.


Are you a fan of the jelly sandwich/milky-based glitters, too?  Which Pretty & Polished is your fave?
You can find Pretty & Polished on Facebook or on their website.

4 comments:

  1. I like the milky based ones - I didn't think I would, but so glad I finally tried one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm with you - I resisted for so long, and now they're among my faves.

      Delete
  2. I like Private School the best, too! I love milky based polishes! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the Indie makers have discovered my weakness for grey... owie, my wallet! Isn't that combo of grey, red, black, and white so classic?

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...