Lit from Within: Purple Indie Goodness!
-->

Friday, January 11, 2013

Purple Indie Goodness!

Continuing with the January Indie Trend, I have 4 different purple looks I want to share with you today.

The first one starts with a Brazilian polish from the HITS line, Perolao. Some of the Brazilian polishes have a ...um, well,  strong smell.  They're not all on board the 3-Free train yet.  This color purple is bright, shimmery, and bold. 


I decided to pair it with Crows Toes Cheshire, which evokes the Cheshire Cat from Alice In Wonderland.  Can you see his smile?  I'm wearing it when I wear this polish.  Gorgeous!


The next mani starts with purple.  China Glaze Grape Juice didn't grab me right away, but I was hooked once I put it on.  I have a lot of purples, and this one has a finish that is unique.


I couldn't bear to cover it all up, so I did a glitter gradient and one accent nail in The Nail Junkie Fish.  I know, the base isn't purple, but the shimmer evokes grey and periwinkle to me, and I thought they'd go well together.  As you can see, Fish is perfectly opaque on its own, and doesn't need undies, but I think it looks good paired with Grape Juice.


I didn't even bother with undies for this next polish - Darling Diva Polish Angry Beaver.  Jelly purple!  Opaque in two coats, and you can see all the different bright colors of glitter.  Let's go piss off some more beavers if they produce polishes like this, I say.


I took a bit of a risk on this last combo. I don't normally wear a lot of foils, but I couldn't resist Butter London Lilibet's Jubilee.  This is one coat, and it applied like buttah.  It's almost silver, but it leans lilac, which is why I thought it might be a good backdrop for Sonoma Nail Art Steampunk.


I don't usually pair dark glitters with shiny base coats, but I really like this combo.  It really makes the black stand out, and the little copper bits just glow.  Sonoma Nail Art is known for excellent formulas and creative glitter mixes, and this one is no exception.  This is a fun polish.


Are you rockin' the purple look?  Which is your fave?

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE purple! I like Fish the best as far as the indies go...the Hits polish as far as mainstreams go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought Fish was pretty cool, too. Gotta love that The Nail Junkie names her polishes with pix instead of words! lol

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...