Lit from Within: Indie January - Takko Lacquer
-->

Saturday, January 12, 2013

Indie January - Takko Lacquer

There used to be a hilarious web cartoon about Tako the Octopus, which is what I think of every time I see this nail polish!  I also heard a great octopus joke on the internet the other day:  How do you make an octopus giggle ten giggles?  you give him ten tickles (tenticles! get it?) *rimshot*

Electric Apple NYC.  This was how Takko lacquer burst into my Indie scene.  Crazy, sexy polish that is electric.  It's sort of grey, it's sort of gold, it's sort of taupe.  It's all and none of them.  I could wear this color for days and never tire of it.  It applies like a dream.


To Infinity and Beyond.  This polish also caught my eye.  I love multichromes, and one with a holo effect is even better.  I can see teal, blue, and purple, and maybe green.  Gorgeous.


A friend convinced me to buy Sephora for OPI Opalescent Blasted, even though I was sooo over the crackle trend.  Or so I thought.  This is such a neat way to add texture and shine without an obvious crackle effect.  I loved it and can't wait to try it over even darker colors, which I think will look fabulous. 


I can't wait to try some more of Takko Lacquer's unique finishes.  You can find her blog HERE, and her Etsy shop HERE.  What's your fave Takko?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...