Lit from Within: Girls' Day Out - BBCFL at The Salt Room Millenia
-->

Monday, June 23, 2014

Girls' Day Out - BBCFL at The Salt Room Millenia

Hello, Fireflies!

Last week or so, my handlers let me out of my cage, and I met up with some of the Beauty Bloggers of Central Florida for a complimentary salt room experience!

I got a little dressed up, so I'll show you my makeup and nails at the end of the post.

When you walk into The Salt Room Millenia, the foyer is a mecca of Himalayan salt lamps, and some natural stone and beauty products.  The soft glow of the lamps is gorgeous.  The aesthetics alone make me want to buy one of these lamps.

The Salt Room Millenia

From The Salt Room Millenia Facebook page: Himalayan Salt Room replicates the salt caves from the Himalayan Mountains to create a humid/allergen-free environment to open up breathing passageways.
 
For more than 20 years, dry salt aerosol, administered in specially-designed halochambers, has been used to treat upper and lower respiratory conditions such as cold and flu, allergy, asthma, bronchitis, cystic fibrosis, sinus infection, sinusitis, rhinitis, hay fever and emphysema.

The Salt Room Millenia

My birthstone is the amethyst, so I was immediately drawn to this display.  I love that tree!

I love that tree!

They had quite an array of supplements and skin care based on a natural philosophy.  I was really interested in this BB/CC cream they had, but there were only two shades available.  One was too light, and the other was too dark.

an array of supplements and skin care based on a natural philosophy

They carry a line of products from Mindful Minerals, including Mud Shampoo and Conditioner, Dead Sea Salt scrub, and different soaps and cleansers. I did end up buying this Mindful Minerals Dead Sea Mud Purifying bar, infused with Dead Sea salts.  My husband has eczema, and I'm always looking for gentle cleansers and treatments for him.

At least, that's what I say to myself. I love Dead Sea Salt products.
I took a couple of pictures inside the salt room itself, but all electronics had to be inside sealed plastic bags to keep the salt from destroying them.  Most of the pictures I took were pretty blurry, but this one gives you a little feel for the room.

The walls were packed with Himalayan salt, over heaters like this one.  There was also a soft, fine mist of pharmaceutical-grade salt being pumped into the room.


I relaxed on a reclining gravity chair and chatted with my BBCFL girlfriends!  The room was mildly warm and humid, but not uncomfortable.  The first thing I noticed was that I could taste salt! Then, I could feel my nose getting a little crunchy.  It was pretty weird!

Afterwards, I was awesomely relaxed, my sinuses felt clear and were draining a little.  I slept like a baby in the hour-long car ride home!

Mina (Fabulous Awesomeness), Brittany (Clumps of Mascara), Su and Mary (Chronicle Stones), and me!
Don't we all look relaxed and happy?
 My makeup held up pretty well for a salty session!   Here's how it looked when I first put it on:


Here's what I used: On my face, I primed with a mix of Cover FX anti-aging and mattifying primer, and then used my HG Cover FX BB Gel (applied with a little spritz of Reviva Labs Rosewater spray on the brush!)

My blush is Tarte Shimmering Poppy Airblush, and then I finished with a dusting of Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Mood Light.


For my eyes, I used the ELF Brow kit to softly fill in and shape my brows.  I'm still soooo new at this.

I used three Maybelline Color Tattoos for my eye - Tough as Taupe, Tenacious Teal, and Sunwashed Sky.  Based on some advice from Cover FX, I used their eye primer and then set it with some of their powder under the eyeshadow, and then applied a little more powder on top of the creme shadows.  Worked like a charm - no creasing!

I lined with my Physicians Formula black liquid Eye Booster in Ultra Black, and then used my Rimmel ScandalEyes Retro Glam mascara.


I was in a hurry to finish up my look, so I went with my fave nail polish finish - holographic!  This is Cameo Colors Lacquer Welcome To The Universe, a shimmering Caribbean blue holo.

Cameo Colors Lacquer Welcome To The Universe, a shimmering Caribbean blue holo

Thanks,The Salt Room Millenia, for inviting the Beauty Bloggers of Central Florida to your establishment!  I can't wait to go back!  They have a Happy Hour Salt Room Session on Weekday afternoons,  and they're running a summer massage special, too.  They also offer Acupuncture and other Traditional Chinese Medicine for facial rejuvination.

For more information, you can find The Salt Room Millenia on Facebook, or on their webpage.

Edited to add Salt Room Millenia links from the Beauty Bloggers of Central Florida!
Mina Slater Fabulous Awesomeness
Clumps of Mascara
Chronicle Stones



27 comments:

  1. It looks like I can benefit from this Salt Room. I have allergic rhinitis right now. I like your #OOTD and #FOTD

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I'd been there with you ladies! It looks like such a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This place looks amazing and you look really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your nails and eye look - so pretty :) I am in love with that room. I am a huge believer in crystals and wear amethyst very very often. I would be in amethyst heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The crystal's are gorgeous. I love your polish

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would absolutely love to try a place like that!! What a fun day, with a group of gorgeous friends!! Love aqua on you girl, both on the eyes and your outfit!! Just gorgeous. Oh love the nails too! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the pretty, soft look on face and fingers that you created! I would love to go there. What a fun thing to do! I wonder if it would help my asthma? Looks like you and the gals had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohhhh that looks so cool. I have never heard of a salt room, but it looks amazing. So calm and relaxing. What a great way to spend a day with a bunch of great girls. I think I need some Mindful Dead Sea Soap too, and you looked stunning girl. Love the soft eyes and that blue mani. beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That looks like a great place! And I love the color on your nails :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This place sounds so cool, would love something like this in my township!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That looks so relaxing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That sounds like such a cool place, I've never encountered a salt room like that in California!

    ReplyDelete
  13. AHHH That looks super relazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh wow, that's pretty cool! I have a salt lamp at home, too, but never urn it on anymore. Maybe I should start!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I would love to try a salt room for my allergies!

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's always fun to be let out of the cage every once in a while. LOL ...

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've been wanting to go to a salt room for years!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I've never heard of a salt room! sounds awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Loved the amethyst tree! Sounds like you had fun.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I need something like that soon ! I love your nail polish

    ReplyDelete
  21. Looks like you all had a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I wish I could have gone! SALT + YOU LADIES= A GOOD TIME!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...