Lit from Within: Challenge Accepted - Sheer Black Lace Nails
-->

Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Challenge Accepted - Sheer Black Lace Nails



Hello, Fireflies!

Some time ago, a participant in a Facebook group posted this picture by CelineDoesNails, and asked if anyone in our group would be willing to try and replicate it.

I accepted the challenge.   This is my attempt.  I had to make a sheer black polish first, so I added a few drops of Wet 'n Wild Black Creme to Sally Hansen Diamond Strength Flawless, a clear polish.

I added a few drops of Wet 'n Wild Black Creme to Sally Hansen Diamond Strength Flawless, a clear polish

Then, I took my black striper and also a dotting tool and tried my best to exactly replicate the patterns of the original art!

I tried my best to exactly replicate the patterns of the original art

Then, I ever so delicately added a small black border to each nail.

added a small black border to each nail

A no-bottle grip feels weird.  Does it look weird to you?


Ah, better.


Bottle shot:  Sally Hansen Diamond Strength Flawless, Wet 'n Wild Black Creme, a bottle with the mixture of the clear and black, and the two black stripers I used.

Bottle shot:  Sally Hansen Diamond Strength Flawless, Wet 'n Wild Black Creme, a bottle with the mixture of the clear and black, and the two black stripers I used.

Ok, so *technically* this month's theme is black and white, not black and less black.  But I had to share.  The sheer black is pretty cool!


32 comments:

  1. This looks nice! You did great recreating it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the design! I always love the nude with black lace dresses like this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the attention to detail in your mani, NICE!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to go back through your posts to find out what a "striper" is. I'm a mani newbie, and I'm trying to figure out what is what. Love how you added a bit of black to the clear for your base

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A striper is a nail art striper - either a long thin brush alone, or a bottle of polish with a long, thin brush attached. In this case, both of the small bottles of black are stripers. The polish brush isn't your typical thick one - it's narrow and longer to allow for more delicate application - typically long, thin lines - but also other kinds of detail work. Sorry for the confusion! Hope that helps - but feel free to ask for any clarification!

      Delete
  5. I like that you mixed up the patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you did a great job with the designs, I know I could never replicate it on my nails (curse my unsteady hands!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nailed it! *pun totally intended*

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like how you added the border! It makes it distinctive.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How cool that you basically DIY'd a nail tint!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I took direction from the original, but yes - I've heard of people DIY'ing their versions of the OPI Nail Tints, too! I may try more colors.

      Delete
  10. Great job with the designs. It's so easy to do, too. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is really cool. It's like you have sexy time stockings on your nails!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a cute mani to match with lace-y outfits!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very interesting! Love the detail!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the sheer brown/gray shade with the black outlining. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This kind of work takes some serious skill - I love how this looks!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is awesome - I love the color combo and the designs ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Black creme is still my favorite black!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...