Lit from Within: TRI-ing on Talons
-->

Tuesday, June 3, 2014

TRI-ing on Talons

 
Hello, Fireflies!

Let's just get this part over with, shall we?  Holy Frijole!


You've seen my nubs, so you know these talons aren't real.  They're KISS Everlasting French press-on nails.  I got them from Influenster, and took them for a spin.  After a day, I got bored with the plain French, and started doing different nail art looks, which I'll be showing you in the coming days and weeks.  They do look pretty good, and with a layer of Rica's Glossy Glam, they actually looked more real.  Fooled a friend of mine that does her own acrylics!

For the nude part of the challenge, well, the nail already has a nude part! I accented it with Ooh La Lacquer Matte-terial Girl, a collection of tiny nude/pink glitters in a matte base.

Ooh La Lacquer Matte-terial Girl, a collection of tiny nude/pink glitters in a matte base.

I was inspired by Robin Moses' Heart Flowers design for this look.  It was kinda fun to have a long nail as a base for this nail art.

Black striper branches

After setting the background branches with my black striper, I used Avon Mango Melon (which looks red, but it did seem like coral!) with a little Born Pretty holo #3 to make the heart flowers.

Avon Mango Melon (which looks red, but it did seem like coral!) to make the heart flowers

Mentality Pastille didn't work for the leaves, really, but I did love it for the 'pollen' of the flowers.   Who needs leaves? This turquoise holo is so pretty.


Some more Glossy Glam, and we're done!


Bottle shot:  Ooh La Lacquer Matte-terial Girl, my black striper, Mentality Pastille,  Avon Mango Melon, and Born Pretty Holo #3.

Bottle shot:  Ooh La Lacquer Matte-terial Girl, my black striper, Mentality Pastille,  Avon Mango Melon, and Born Pretty Holo #3.

I'm okay with my nubbins, but it was fun to wear talons for a few days.  There was So.Much.Room on my nails! Do you have a preference for looking at nail art on long or short nails?


17 comments:

  1. Oh nice french tip nails! Cute design you did too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I admire long nails but I find short cute (as to be expected). Another pretty nail art!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your design. So well done. :) I'm good with long or short, Both have their charms.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is mu favorite design that you've done so far.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG this is one of my faves ever. I am sooooo obsessed with Cherry Blossoms and these look amazing. You seriously work it with the mani art work girl. I think a book of how to should be in the works. xxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love what you did to those talons to dress them up! I've never thought about painting on top of press on nails

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those nails look really good on you! I also love how you still did your fun nail art on top!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am in love with this look! <3 so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the way this turned out!

    ReplyDelete
  11. As usual you came up with a great design.

    ReplyDelete
  12. These look amazing! I love the add ons you did to the press ons!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Press on nails have come a long way - those look great!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I wouldn't even have guess they were pressed on nails !

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...