Lit from Within: Syrupy Gradient #NailArtForNubs
-->

Monday, June 2, 2014

Syrupy Gradient #NailArtForNubs

Hello, Fireflies!

Two posts today!  If you're interested, I did a review of FutureDerm collaboration products My Beauty Bunny All-Natural AHA Facial Moisturizer, and Phyrra's Pretty Little Elixir.  Click here, or there will also be a link at the end of the post.

Jellies.  People love 'em or hate 'em, or only want them on their PB&J, not their nails.  I found a way to do a 'syrup' type-ombre with L'Oreal Berry Nice, a royal purple jelly polish.  Here's one coat:

 L'Oreal Berry Nice, a royal purple jelly polish

So thin! But watch what happens when I apply more layers - each one starting a little farther away from the nail bed.  Instant gradient!

Instant gradient!

Topcoat helps smooth out the lines.  It's not so obvious when you're not in macro-mode, anyway.


For fun, I decided to see what would happen with a layer of The Shift Me, an iridescent topcoat from L'Oreal.  Pink and blue!


The gradient isn't as strong, but how fun that it changed all the colors, yet you can still tell that there is a royal purple in there.

This is definitely an easy nail art! No special tools - and if you don't have a jelly polish, mix a few drops of any regular creme polish in with some clear polish, and make your own! 


Ready to read my review and see my hair and makeup look?  Click here!

4 comments:

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...