Lit from Within: Bejeweled Ombre
-->

Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Bejeweled Ombre


Hello, Fireflies!

For my third Black and White NCC challenge this month, I wanted to do an ombre.  Or is it a gradient?  This terminology has caused great consternation, gnashing of teeth, and spilling of acetone in the nail polish world.

I try not to get my panties in a twist about the drama.  I accept the majority explanation of different colors on the same nail as a gradient, and a transition of colors in the same color family as an ombre.  Hombre is Spanish for 'man.'  Totally not applicable.

So now, maybe you learned something today.  Gold star!

Revlon Spirit, OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls, Essie No Place Like Chrome, Nailtini Caviar Cocktail, and Wet 'n Wild Black Creme.

From thumb to pinky, I created this ombre nail art with Revlon Spirit, OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls, Essie No Place Like Chrome, Nailtini Caviar Cocktail, and Wet 'n Wild Black Creme.


And then, I stuck some pretty silver and grey nail jewelry on it! You know they didn't stay long, but I love how they looked for a minute.


Do you like gradient/ombre manicures?  Do you have an opinion as to the terminology of same?



25 comments:

  1. Those are some big studs! They look nice with the ombre.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this look! I've actually never tried an ombre before....I should probably do that haha. The jewels are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm obsessed with all things monochrome right now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're killing me with all your accents. If only I have 1/10th of your patience and talent, I can use all my accessories/parts that I haven't touched in eons for nail art!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These kinds of accents are easy! I just stick them on with a little topcoat. Of course, I don't keep them on long. Use nail glue if you want them to actually stay around for a while!

      Delete
  5. LOVE those accents/ nail art. I have started playing but only got as far as one finger. Baby steps :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your Hombre manicure!! i think you should call it that and really piss off the nail polish bloggers!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the nail jewels! So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those jewels are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the accent of the jewels with the ombre!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the ombre and the jewels on top are great

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so inspired to use nail jewelry because of you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That Wet N Wild black is sooo nice!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. How neat! I really like that nail jewelry!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like that silver polish. It's nice!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The accents are very pretty :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...