Lit from Within: Influenster Spring VoxBox!
-->

Monday, June 16, 2014

Influenster Spring VoxBox!

Hello, Fireflies!

I was lucky enough to be selected to receive a Spring VoxBox from Influenster.  I had such a ball playing with most of these things, and I can't wait to tell you about them!

Influenster Spring Vox Box - Playtex, Kiss, Nivea, Labor Day, Softlips, Rimmel ScandalEyes


Let's get the one thing out of the way that I didn't use - the Playtex sport 360 tampons.  I had an endometrial ablasion some time ago, and while it wasn't completely successful, I don't have a flow heavy enough for a tampon most of the time.  These will find a good home with someone else.

The only thing I did use but wasn't that thrilled with was the Labor Day air freshener.  I hung it up right in my little workspace, but I couldn't really smell it that much.  I suppose it had a lot of competition with all the nail polish and the 4 dogs that like to hang out with me, so I guess I can't fault it too much.  Still, peach pie air freshener?  Why you no smell stronger? Mmm, pie.

The Nivea creme was nice, light, absorbed quickly.  I don't know if I'm any firmer.  I'm a pretty jiggly girl, overall.


Ever since seeing a review on Libby's Pink Vanity for the mint Softlips cube, I coveted one.  But I never saw them around here.  So, I was SUPER excited to see that I was chosen to try one in my Vox Box! And in my favorite type of flavor!  These are roughly the same price as the EOS balms, and have a similar concept, but they are much more portable.  I really like this kind of shape - it makes it super easy to just reach into my bag and find it amongst all the tube-shaped lipsticks.

Feels great, smells good, lasts about as long as you'd expect a lip balm to last.  Aside from the mint and the pomegranate-blueberry flavors, they also have a vanilla bean one.  Mmm.


I actually have about 3 tubes of Scandal Eyes Retro Glam mascara now.  I bought one after seeing so many great reviews for it on other beauty blogs.  Then, I got one in the Allure Beauty Box I ordered.  Still, I was thrilled to get one in this Influenster Vox Box.

Whenever someone used to ask me about my fave drugstore mascara, it was easy to say Maybelline The Colossal.  Now... this one seriously gives it a run for the money!  I like the formula the same, but I like this brush better!


Here's a look I did with the Scandal Eyes mascara.  


I don't curl my lashes, so whatever you see is just my natural texture, and the Scandal Eyes mascara.  Pretty cool, huh?

I think I had the most fun playing with the Kiss Everlasting French press-on nails.  And, I really didn't think I would!


I used Rica Glossy Glam topcoat over the nails, because I felt it just gave it a more natural look.  Here's some nail art I did with these nails.  I just used non-acetone remover to clean off the polish, and then started over. If you'd like to see step-by-step pictures of how I created these looks, please search KISS in the search box on the right side of the screen. 
Seeing as how I normally have nubbins, these were a little longer than I would have chosen for myself, but I have to say, I thought they looked really nice and elegant.  I did have to relearn how to type, and I was useless at texting on my phone, though!

They only lasted about 3 days before they started lifting, and unfortunately, I'm a picker.  If you are, too, then I suggest you soak them off when they start lifting.  I didn't, and I did damage my pinky nail from trying to forcefully remove the nail.  Learn from my stupidity - nail glue is strong stuff!

Have you tried any of these products?  Do you think you might like to?


28 comments:

  1. I had no idea you could reuse the KISS Press-On nails for multiple manis. Love what you did with them! The Rimmel mascara is great

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't either.. before I tried it! I just couldn't keep the same mani on for 3 days..

      Delete
  2. What great stuff in this box! I really want to try that Softlips lipbalm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow I never would have thought those nails were press ons. They look pretty darn close to real and love love love the manis with them. I still really need to pick up that Retro Glam mascara. Bummer about the air freshner :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of my friends thought I had gotten acrylics!

      Delete
  4. The Softlips cube is super cool looking!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like an awesome Influenster box! The Softlips Cube is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks great! I love the Softlips Cube!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those nails are super cool! I think I might need to try them sometime :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This nail length looks perfect on you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loove that mascara-- it's my new HG drugstore one!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The influenster boxes have been hitting the mark, big time.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I received an email that I did qualify for this so I'm waiting for my box to arrive. I wonder if the contents are similar to yours... let's see!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, can't wait to see your review. Esp. if you get the nails!

      Delete
  12. You have mascara for months now!! These boxes seem to be getting better!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love me some Influencster! This looks like a great box. I'm VERY interested in the mascara and the Soft lips cube.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...