Lit from Within: Movie Date!
-->

Friday, June 6, 2014

Movie Date!

Hello, Fireflies!

I love movies, but I'm old.  And when I say that I'm old, I mean I am the stereotypical old person who gets mad at children running in the aisles, I get grumpy when people are using their cell phones in any capacity, and I don't like to share my space with a lot of noisy people.

So, when the new X-men movie opened, and hubby and I went to an early matinee and had very little company, I was *thrilled*.  But it also meant that I had to get ready in a hurry!


But I HAD to do X-men nails! Totally quick and dirty.  Even the one Wolverine face didn't stamp fully, but it kinda looks like he's cackling evilly, so it's okay.  I used Zoya Pippa, OPI Over and Over A-Gwen, and Finger Paints Black Expressionism with Fab Ur Nails Fun 11 plate for the stamping.

Zoya Pippa, OPI Over and Over A-Gwen, and Finger Paints Black Expressionism with Fab Ur Nails Fun 11 plate

Hubby wore a Marvel-themed t-shirt, which earned him knowing nods from the other geeks in the audience.  I showed my nails to the girl selling tickets.  She acted impressed, but I don't think she really got it, ya know?  


Bottle shot:  Zoya Pippa, OPI Over and Over A-Gwen, and Finger Paints Black Expressionism.

Bottle shot:  Zoya Pippa, OPI Over and Over A-Gwen, and Finger Paints Black Expressionism.

 I thought I'd also show you the makeup look I did for our date.  I've been sporting the Cover FX SPF 30 primer and BB Gel, of course.  Still loving the light coverage and satin finish.  I think I have on my Jordana Color Tint Blush Stick in Coral Touch, and my Hourglass Ambient Dim Light finishing powder, too.


Boy, howdy, am I having trouble taking good pictures of my makeup.  It's harder than it looks! I'm either too yellow or too washed out.  


I did my eyes with the Stila 10-pan eyeshadow palette with 14k (bright gold shimmer) on my inner lid, copper (copper shimmer) on the outer lid, and jade (shimmery jade green) in the crease.  I've been practicing with my ELF brow kit, and I also tried a little cat eye with my new fave liquid liner - Physicians Formula. 



Hubby got me into the X-Men franchise, oh, 20 years ago? and Wolverine has always been my fave, so I was glad to wear him on my nails!  Did you ever do a theme mani, makeup, or fashion for a movie?

Also shared on The Nail Files and the Nail Files Pinterest Board. Click through for more nail art!

 photo newbutton_zps284b4cd7.jpg


24 comments:

  1. How fun! Great makeup for your date too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wolverine is my favorite. Great design.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh em gee!!! I love this so much that I hardly know what to do with myself. I, too, like to do celebratory nail art for fun things (like concerts). And for having so little time, I can't believe how well it turned out! The Wolverine stamp is awesome, and looks comic-y because it's not perfect. A win, for sure! Great make-up, as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun mani!!! And awesome eye makeup look too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your movie mani and your makeup is pretty, too. :)

    I am the same way, I don't go out to the movies because of rude, noisy people. Forget about it. I wait for movies to hit PPV and enjoy them in the comfort of my own living room for free. #oldbroad #cranky #getoffmylawn

    ReplyDelete
  6. the nails and the eyes... I love it. :) We take the kiddos out to the movies every couple of months... especially when it is a Marvel one. But we decided we would skip this one. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. My grandson is into superheroes so he'd love your Wolfman mani.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What fun!! We went to see DOFP the night it opened :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Omg I need that stamping plate... I see the RUGRATS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That has to be one of the most fun stamping plates I have seen in a while!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the nails you do all the time and the eyes are very nice :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. count me in.... the old club, I mean, lol. I hate noise, loud people, and those who put their feet up when watching movies, ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fun nails!! I LOVEEE XMEN!! The newest one was really good!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those came out pretty cool.
    http://therantingsofadramaqueensmum.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Um, I must be old as well :-) I like the color combo.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Haha, I'm a stereotypical old person as well but I have been one since I was born. Even as a child I would get angry that other children were misbehaving.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is so cute! I want to go see the new X Men movie :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Never seen that yellow Zoya before I don't think.

    ReplyDelete
  19. So so cute! I want to see the new XMen movie!

    ReplyDelete
  20. That's super cute! I love the way your makeup looks.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your nails look so pretty! Love the design

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...