Lit from Within: FutureDerm Face and Hair!
-->

Monday, June 2, 2014

FutureDerm Face and Hair!

Hello, Fireflies!

Have you heard of FutureDerm? They did a collaboration with two beauty bloggers, Phyrra, and Jen from My Beauty Bunny.  When their products went on sale, I bought them!


First up, My Beauty Bunny All-Natural AHA Facial Moisturizer.
My Beauty Bunny All-Natural AHA Facial Moisturizer
 As the bottle says, only the good stuff!
I love that it comes with a pump - easy dispensing, and no contamination.  It's a very thin and light moisturizer, so sometimes it does splatter a little coming out, though.  That is, however, the only negative thing I can say about this moisturizer.

It does have a light grapefruit scent, which dissipates fairly quickly.  It absorbs quickly and feels great on my oily skin.  You know how a moisturizer feels when it's just the right amount of moisture? Not too little that you want for more; not too much that you're slick or feel heavy? Yes. Perfect.

It needs to stay at the sale price, though, for me to repurchase it.  But it is definitely one I will use up and look for again.

Next, Phyrra's Pretty Little Elixir Hair Masque.

Phyrra's Pretty Little Elixir Hair Masque

If you know Phyrra, you know at least two things: she is a strong proponent of cruelty-free beauty, and she is a Rainbow Fairy, coloring her hair any number of different ways.  So, it seems like a natural fit for her to develop this hair masque to nourish chemically treated hair!
The masque itself is a thick, white creme, and it distributes easily through my hair.  Naturally, I need a few dollops to get through this mane.  The instructions say to wrap your hair in plastic and leave on for 10 minutes, or even as long as overnight.

I'll admit - I've used it twice, and I haven't been able to follow the directions yet.  I do use a shower cap.. which is plastic.. and once I left it on while doing a body mud-masque, so it was on at least 10 minutes.  Either way, I do get pretty decent results:
I haven't cut my hair in a while, so the ends are a little unruly, and the layers are all growing out.  Nothing fixes split ends, except a hair cut.  So, I'm not expecting miracles.  If I had my druthers, however, I would like this masque to have a little more slip.  I just don't feel like my hair is as silky or as easily detangled after this masque, like with the DermOrganic masque I reviewed.


If you're curious, in this picture, I'm wearing my Cover FX primer, BB Gel and powder, the Tarte Envoke The Smoke eyeshadow palette with Maybelline Aubergine gel eyeliner and Rimmel Scandal Eyes Retro Glam mascara, Jouer blush in Dahlia, Lipglosses in Jouer Exquisite and Jewel by Color Your Smile (Whitening Lightning), and a finishing dusting of my sample of Guerlain Meteorites.

Have you tried these? Do you have a favorite hair masque?

My 'syrupy-gradient' #NailArtForNubs post goes live at 9am Eastern!

27 comments:

  1. You are all killing me with these reviews. Makes me want to buy it all up and backups!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never heard of them before but they sound like an amazing brand. The face product might have to be something I might check out now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to see fellow beauty bloggers launching their own beauty/skincare line. Can't wait to try both products.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds amazing, and I now am 100000% convinced I need Phyrra's Elixir ASAP! Ordering now. Great post girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The moisturizer sounds intriguing! I love to see beauty bloggers launching their own products that ACTUALLY work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have gorgeous hair! I want both!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks! Took me a long time (and many hair products) to love it, but I do now. Growing up in the 80s when mousse was all there was.. not good for curly hair! lol

      Delete
  7. Love your hair!

    I have curly hair too, and slip is super important to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yeah, that slip just feels good and helps so much with detangling and making the curls go back together.

      Delete
  8. The moisturizer sounds interesting since I'm a big fan of AHAs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks like a great product!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have such a beautiful smile. I can't wait to try Phyrra's elixir and the Beauty Bunny one... I'm so getting my hands on t hem soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a lovely compliment! Ima gonna blush.

      Delete
  11. Great reviews! I love your focus on skincare and haircare lately!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't lie - y'all inspire me to try more makeup, skincare, and haircare. Taking pix of all these things is challenge, though. Those of you who do it regularly are amazing.

      Delete
  12. So happy to see bloggers launching their own beauty products!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I want to try the hair elixir! Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for the honest reviews. I'm hoping MBB will come out with a heavier moisturizer for dry-skinned gals like me. Right now I'm drowning in hair care products but some day I will try Pretty Little Elixir, I'm fascinated by the name alone!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love when beauty bloggers bring out their own products because they tend to be amazing

    ReplyDelete
  16. I bet this is a really great product! Love the it's by Phyrra!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...