Lit from Within: Purple Roses
-->

Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Purple Roses


Hello, Fireflies!

Time for another purple nailart!  Today's look has a purple to purple gradient, with stamping in purple! I think it fits the challenge...

I know this color looks blue.  I don't know why some purples, like Orly Indie, photograph blue with my camera.  Apparently, if I knew how to do something called White Balancing, which I assume has nothing to do with a balance beam and white leotards, I could make it look like the purple that it is.


I used a cosmetic sponge to darken the tips with OPI O Suzi Mio, which actually looks purple.  Go figure.


It almost looks white, but this is MdU Lilac, a pastel lilac purple, for the stamped roses.  I have a purple rose bush in my front yard.  Every year, I get about one lovely lilac rose from it.

MdU Lilac

What I used:  Orly Indie, OPI O Suzi Mio, MdU Lilac, and Gogo Only St. Happy stamping plate.
Orly Indie, OPI O Suzi Mio, MdU Lilac, and Gogo Only St. Happy stamping plate
Do you like purple roses?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...