Lit from Within: Wine All About It
-->

Thursday, January 7, 2016

Wine All About It


Hello, Fireflies!

I love masks, and I love booze, so the Purminerals Wine Exfoliating Mask seems like a match made in heaven to me!  When I saw it for a steal on Hautelook, I knew it had to be mine.

 It's not so much a mask to me as an exfoliating scrub, but pot-ay-to, po-tah-to.  It's a thick gel with lots of bitties in it that I gently rubbed around my face to take off all that dead skin and debris that clings to my makeup and oily mug.
Purminerals Wine Exfoliating Mask ingredients
The smell of this is amazing, though it's not really so much like wine as it is grape juice. Like a big glass of Welch's Concord grape juice smell.  Seriously, I wish this stuff was edible.
Purminerals Wine Exfoliating Mask texture
You can see that it doesn't really look like a mask so much as it looks like I was attacked by leeches.  But look at my face afterwards.  Bright, soft, and smooth.  I barely look old enough to legally DRINK wine, much less slather it all over my face.

No? Can't blame me for trying.
 A splash of wine, a bunch of grapes, and nail polish.

The base of this Purminerals Wine Exfoliating Mask mani is a generic white polish, topped with LynBDesigns Machiavellian, a gorgeous bordeaux scattered holo.  I painted the grapes with Wet 'n Wild Black Creme.
Since the release of this mask, Purminerals has become either Pur (with the same umlauts that I can't figure out how to make.) or Pur Cosmetics.  This mask doesn't seem to be available on their website at present, but I hope they bring it back with the new name!  And, maybe instead of Wine Exfoliating Mask, calling it a Grape Juice Scrub.  Might be closer to the truth, but it's not as exciting of a name...

Have you used any wine-based skincare?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! They mean so much to me, and I read all of them, even if I don't always have a chance to respond.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...